Counseling for Youth, Adults & Couples In-Office sessions • Equine-Assisted sessions
Do you accept health insurance?
Yes, we are in-network providers with the following health insurance companies:
• Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Preferred One
• Medical Assistance
Be sure to check on the number of sessions that you’re allowed per year.
Utilizing your out-of-network benefits is another great option for other insurance companies. Many companies reimburse you when you utilize out-of-network benefits. Here’s a list of questions in order for you to check on this possibility:
1) Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits?
2) If so, what is my deductible?
3) What percentage is reimbursed if I pay my provider out-of-pocket and get reimbursed by the insurance company?
4) Is there a limit on how many sessions I have per year?
What is the fee per session?
When paying out-of-pocket or using out-of-network benefits, we charge the following fee for either in-office or equine-assisted work
• $145/hour session
• Under certain circumstances, we consider a sliding scale. Please call—we’d be happy to discuss this option with you!
How do I pay?
We accept cash, check or credit card.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
A 24 hour advance notice is required for canceling appointments. If you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay in full. Please be aware that this fee can not be submitted for reimbursement to any insurance companies and will need to be paid out of pocket by the client..
How often would we meet?
For the best therapeutic results, we recommend meeting once a week for the first few months and then reevaluate our treatment goals and timeline. With that said though, each person is unique and everyone’s needs are different. We also understand your challenge of juggling busy schedules! Let’s collaborate and find what works best for you in order to meet your goals while managing your hectic life. We offer evening and weekend appointments to help accommodate your schedule.
How long do we meet?
Individual sessions usually last 55 minutes. When possible, we like to meet with couples for 85 minutes.
Are our sessions confidential?
In general, therapy sessions are confidential between client and psychotherapist. Written consent by client is necessary in order for information to be shared. However, there are limits of confidentiality mandated by state law. Exceptions to confidentiality include:
• Threats of suicide or harming of self.
• Threats of harming another person
• Any incidence or knowledge of suspected neglect, physical, or sexual abuse of children and/or vulnerable adults
• When court ordered by state or federal law